- KMV Region
- For Partners
The Caucasian Mineral Waters region is the largest specially protected eco-resort region of Russian federal significance. The Caucasian Mineral Waters region originated about 200 years ago. This region has no peers on the Eurasian continent in terms of its richness, variety, quantity, and value of mineral waters and curative mud.
The Caucasian Mineral Waters region has more than 400 places of interest, including historical monuments and sites connected to famous cultural and artistic figures who stayed in the region.
The resort park has won multiple international competitions for monuments of landscape art, and has many prizes for its amazing landscape architecture and the good taste and the great work ethic of its creators. The park is located on both sides of Olkhovka River, on the slopes of the Dzhinalsky Ridge, with a height above sea level of 800-1360 meters. The park includes the legendary Narzan spring, with a depth of only 6.4 meters, which is unique to the Caucasian Mineral Waters region. The park covers an area of over 1,100 hectares. Its large area has made it possible for homogeneous plantings of considerable size to be made in some parts of the park, each featuring their own phyto-organic structure and microclimate.
The Narzan Gallery was built in 1848-1853 by the architects S. Upton and H. Francois in a Middle Ages English style. Inside is the “Boiling well”, the spring of Narzan water, with drinking water faucets.
The Main Narzan Baths are one of the most beautiful buildings in Kislovodsk, built in 1903 in oriental style by the architect A. Klepinin, and fit well into the surrounding mountain landscape.
The Colonnade (the main gate of the Resort Park) is one of the trademarks of the city of Kislovodsk, built in 1912 by the architect N.N. Semenov.
Home-Museum of N.A. Yaroshenko (“White Villa”). This museum contains the largest collection of the artist, who was one of the Russian “Peredvizhniki” (Wanderers). The museum has works of other Wanderers as well. The museum also holds musical evenings entitled “Yaroshenko Saturdays.”
The “Shalyapin Villa” Museum. Opened in 1991, this villa preserves the finishing and interiors of the early 20th century, a time when F.I. Shalyapin rested here. Today it hosts musical and literary evenings.
“Kislovodsk Fortress” museum of local history. These fortress walls contain a history museum, and archaeology museum, and an ethnography museum of the peoples of the Northern Caucuses.
St. Nicholas Cathedral. This church was designed by the Bernardazzi brothers in 1824. The stone cathedral was built in 1888, destroyed in 1936, and rebuilt in our days.
“Grace” Living Room. This is a literary and music salon which hosts stories about writers, poets, and musicians. There is also a wine-tasting exhibition at the site.
Ring Mountain. This is a unique natural monument. The mountain makes a ring 8 meters in width caused by the wind.
Palace of the Emir of Bukhara. This is an architectural monument of the early 20th century, and today is one of the buildings of the resort in the name of Telman.
Pushkin Gallery. This building was made in 1901, and is distinct for its elegant architecture. It’s considered one of the symbols of the resort.
Postal Station. This mail stagecoach station is a monument of architecture of the 19th century.
Ostrovsky Baths. This building was made in the style of an Eastern Palace in 1891-1893 by the architect Suzor.
Pavilions of the Nelyubinsk, Slavyanovsky and Lermontov springs built in 1810-1824.
The Yessentuki resort park was laid out in 1848. It covers an area of over 60 hectares, and in terms of its features is divided into an Upper and Lower Park. The park has walking paths, terrain trails with maps showing stations, and special recreation areas.
Alekseevskaya Mud Baths. This building was made in 1912-1915 by the architect Shrettera in the style of ancient Roman baths. It’s decorated with frescoes, high reliefs, and sculptures of lions, the god Asclepius, and Gigiei.
The Upper Mineral Baths. These baths are an architectural monument of the late 19th century, built in the style of the Russian Empire.
The Building of the Tsanderovsky Institute of Mechanical Therapy. This very unique building made in Art Nouveau style features unusual exercise machines from the beginning of the 20th century.
Gallery of Spring № 17. This is the oldest building in the resort, and is located at the entrance to the park. This is the first fundamental building of the spa, and was founded in 1848.
Gallery of Spring № 4. In contrast to the gallery of spring #17, this is a relatively modern building. It was built in 1967 by the architect V.N. Fuklev opposite the stairs “with the lions,” which connects the lower part of the Resort Park to the top.
St. Nicholas Church. Built in 1823 by Volga Cossacks at the base of the village of Yessentukskaya.
Local Ethnography Museum. This museum hosts temporary exhibitions, and has as exhibit on the formation of the Cossacks.
The Lermontov State Museum. This museum unites all Lermontov memorial sites in the city and its surroundings: the place of the duel, the necropolis, Lermontov's house, the houses of Verzilin Alyabeva, Lermontov Square, and the statue of Lermontov.
The Cave. This is a famous natural landmark of Pyatigorsk, made of a collapsed rock grotto with a depth of 20 meters and a small lake at the bottom.
The Aeolian Harp. This is a small stone gazebo in an antique style, built in 1831 by the architect Bernardazzi on top of a hot mountain. It is one of the best panoramic points of the resort.
Grotto of Diana. This cave was built in 1830 in honor of the first ascent of Mount Elbrus.
Museum of Local History. Located in the former Mikhailov Hotel (a monument of architecture of the 19th century).
The Gukasov Coffeehouse. This coffeehouse was built early in the early 20th century by the merchant A.A. Gukasov in an unusually elegant and airy-looking building with a pair of original domes on the exterior facade. Now it houses a showroom with a permanent exhibition of fine arts and crafts, and a popular art cafe on the verandas.
Hotel Bristol. An architectural monument built in 1909 by the architect Zelinsky.
Catholic Church. Built in 1844 by the Bernardazzi brothers. This is currently the concert hall of the Philharmonic.
The ensemble “Pushkin's baths”. Built in 1901 by the architect Dmitriev.
“Grandparents” fountain. Created in 1910 by the sculptor Shodsky.
Lazarevskaya Church. Built in 1903. Nearby is a cemetery where Lermontov was first buried.
Use our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.